My second cousin
Taralee was married this Saturday in a beautiful Catholic wedding.

She was beautiful ( you could really tell we were family;)


But what made this wedding even more special was her groomsman Roland.
Roland is her brother, and my second cousin and he carries the magical extra chromosome.
When I think back to my childhood I'm embarrassed to say I
didn't take the time to know Roland. I thought he was weird different and hard to talk to. I wish that I could go back
in time and learn from, love and accept Roland for who he is.

Roland was in tears while he watched his sister get married. As he quietly dabbed his eyes dry, I couldn't help but loose it. There were so many emotions happiness, love, sadness, worry you name it. Although it was beautiful to see the bond that these two siblings share, I couldn't help but feel sad that Roland (and Adam for that matter) most likely never experience finding true love and being married. (yeah yeah I know there are many people with
Ds that get married but statistically its unlikely) I was picturing my own daughters weddings and how I would feel at them watching Adam. Again its that feeling of loss and the fear of the
unknown that scared me the most.

Roland Lives independently. In a assisted community style apartment. He has 2 part time jobs and seems happy. And when I talk to my Aunt she assures me me its all going to be
OK. Shes been where I have been. shes felt what Ive felt...and I try my very best to believe her.

The wedding was beautiful with many extraordinary details... it made me want a re do of my own wedding! HA
2 comments:
I see great things in store for Adam! He's one smart little cookie and I think God has big plans for him!!
What a beautiful wedding and I second SAH's comment.
Post a Comment