Most people think I have it fairly together. I try I really do. I don't want people to think I'm a basket case...or rather KNOW. So I do what I call The-FAKE-IT-TILL-YOU-MAKE-IT. For instance I pretend that I'm happy with being a mother to a Child with special needs and another with learning disabilities. I pretend that I know every thing happens for a reason. I pretend that it doesn't brake my heart....and before long I internalize these fake feelings and it becomes real...I've faked it and made it.
But some times The-FAKE-IT-TILL-YOU-MAKE-IT back fires because I feel overwhelmed and alone. And no one knows. But, some how Rosemarie always knows.
One of the hardest things about being a stay at home mom is never having anyone to watch the kids for Dr appointments and other obligations. I loath taking them all. And when Adam has his Dr appointments and therapies I want to focus on him ... not the crazy almost 4 year old who is begging for all the attention.
Last week Rosemarie called and said "Id like to take your 3 big kids for the day, you can use the time for appointments, grocery or even a nap."
I nearly Cried.
she offered with out being asked. There was no humming and hawing or those guilty feelings of imposing my crazy kids on someone who felt it was a burden.
So I scheduled they day, occupational therapy for Adam, Adams visit to the ENT, and my visit to the family Doctor, and we even did a grocery shop at Superstore. It was amazing. And I was So thankful!
When I picked up the kids she had such wonderful things to say. They were well behaved, kind, funny and a pleasure to have. I was so proud and even a little confused (ha! why aren't they like that for me?)
Then Rosemarie asked to take Jayna to a production of Joesph and the Technicolor dream coat... Just because she knew Jayna would love it!
Honestly she is such an amazing woman.

One of the hardest things about being a stay at home mom is never having anyone to watch the kids for Dr appointments and other obligations. I loath taking them all. And when Adam has his Dr appointments and therapies I want to focus on him ... not the crazy almost 4 year old who is begging for all the attention.
Last week Rosemarie called and said "Id like to take your 3 big kids for the day, you can use the time for appointments, grocery or even a nap."
I nearly Cried.
she offered with out being asked. There was no humming and hawing or those guilty feelings of imposing my crazy kids on someone who felt it was a burden.
So I scheduled they day, occupational therapy for Adam, Adams visit to the ENT, and my visit to the family Doctor, and we even did a grocery shop at Superstore. It was amazing. And I was So thankful!
When I picked up the kids she had such wonderful things to say. They were well behaved, kind, funny and a pleasure to have. I was so proud and even a little confused (ha! why aren't they like that for me?)
Then Rosemarie asked to take Jayna to a production of Joesph and the Technicolor dream coat... Just because she knew Jayna would love it!
Honestly she is such an amazing woman.

3 comments:
T. I wish I were a better friend to you. I make resolutions to be a better friend to everyone I know and yet... I know I am lacking. Something to work on yet. I hope you know (you will now :) ) that you never need to pretend you are okay if you arent with me. I will never judge you, I will never try to talk down, nor say crap like "everycloud has a silver lining". I will listen, I will support, and I will always say 'yes' if you need anything. Im just not very good at offering it yet. Please know that Im here for you!!!
What a blessing!
You are blessed with great friends and a strong community. What a wonderful and thoughtful friend
Post a Comment