The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Saturday, 8 August 2009

{DINO MITE Birthday!}


Today was Jacobs 5th Birthday party!
The Invite:

The Goody Bags:



The Cake:
(Proudly made by cake masters Kelly and Tricia*yep moi!*!....impressed?)

The Decorations
The Place setting
each kid was given a Dinosaur, Hat, and binoculars.....perfect for the up coming exploration!


My Baby Boy
5 YEARS OLD!!!!
Already exploring with Friends


The explorers... Getting ready to go on the time machine (ok the sky train)



Still no sign of dinosaurs

Finally a CLUE!!!!




The boys were very patient with me while I tried to get a picture of all of the smiling and looking at the camera....

But as soon as T- Rex started to move and roar nothing else could take their attention!!!


The boys all went on an archaeological dig and found foils of dinosaur prints (yes there was some flying sand).


And all the kids got to control and move this freaky looking dinosaur.

*no Children were hurt (or fed to dinosaurs) during the exhibition*


Next we came back home
opened presents

On the Menu was:
Terra dactyl legs
Triceratops Ribs
Pre Historic Trees
and Volcano and Lava (mashed potatoes with ketchup)

and time for the cake!

Making a wish

you know what the best part about being the birthday boy?
Getting to pick which piece of cake you get!!

13 comments:

Amy Snell said...

Trisha you are so insanly creative!! I seriously wish I lived closer to you!! Your kids are going to have the best memories of what fabulous things you did for them...Mason's 1st birthday is coming up {October 28th} and I am doing a fun Halloween-ish party for him!! I hope I can be half as sucessful as you are :)

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!

Bethany said...

Ok, this is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Holy Dino-mite.This was UNBELIEVABLE ... Even Papa can't top this

Love Papa

Emily said...

You are simply amazing! I drool over your creativity all the time! Super cute!

My name is Sarah said...

WOW!!!!! This is Joyce. I am in awe. To be five again and experience that would be the thrill of a lifetime. And the boys certainly looked like they were having fun.

Colette said...

Tricia!! WHERE DID YOU GET THIS STUFF??? This is exactly along the lines that I was picturing for Mason's bug party, but I haven't been able to find anything around! I'm looking in particular for the hats and LARGE bug toys! But the burlap table runner is cute too!! Help me!!

Michelle said...

I love the birthday parties that you give your kids. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sheeesh I go away for a week and look at what you come up with. Good Job Darling.

Annalee said...

Great job Tricia. Your creativity astounds me. I bet all of Jacob'd friends went home and told their moms and now they are all cursing you. Who can keep up with that? Amazing!

Jackie said...

What an awesome 5th birthday!!! Jacob looks way too adorable (and grown up) with his safari hat and binoculars. That cake is AMAZING. The most amazing part, you had initially planned for bugs and threw this together in what a week. You are truly awesome.

Petula said...

That looked like oodles of fab fun. What creativity and detail. How long did it take to plan that? Superb and belated happy birthday.

Stacey said...

I love your cakes you make. You do such a great job. Loved seeing you this last week. Made my day.

Kristle said...

WOW!! Every party you do is SO AMAZING!!! This ROCKS! How did you make that freaking cake??? I love you, you annoyingly awesome over-achiever!!