The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Monday, 13 July 2009

{NICU moms}

Our month stay in the NICU was the most difficult time in my life. Having my baby 6 weeks early was a shock but nothing could compare to the shock of discovering our perfect little baby had an extra chromosome. These NICU moms became such a strength and support for me.
together we pumped, cried and got to know each other.

Now that all of us are on the "outside" we've taken the chance to spend time together.... late night walks, and stops at Tim Hortons (canadas best donuts)

While in the NICU I just kept wishing that Adam was just a normal early baby (If I could have I would have prayed that extra Chromosome away.) I looked at the other NICU moms and wished Adam was only a preemie. Then I met Cam and her wee one. He was also a preemie and had Ds. he was also diagnosed with major heart problems and Kidney failure. One day while talking she said to me she said something that would change me forever. "I Just wish he only had Down syndrome." She was looking at me as the lucky one...and It hit me. Adam is healthy, he will live a long life and need to learn to accept him for who he is and all that he has to offer our family and the world.

Cam is an amazing mother of 5 and has the most beautiful faith and spirit.



We've enjoyed park days with our babies and I've scared the crap outta these first time Moms with my crazy brood. All these women have taught me about patience, a mothers love and charity. So now I'm thankful for my time at the NICU. I met these women who have left a print on my heart forever.




1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You are such a goof! You are an amazing momma and a fan-freakin-tastic freind to all of us mommas too. The night you brought Steve and I dinner to the NICU you saved us. We were falling appart, exhausted, and beginning to give up...there just wasnt any energy left for us to take care of ourselves. You reminded us that we are important, and that we need to learn to ask for help when things get too crazy. You taught us about charity, friends and coming together when the world seems too crazy! You are an inspiring woman, mom, and friend and Steve and I are both so happy to have met and befreinded you (and you 'crazy brood'.