Today was Adams hearing test. While in the NICU he was given 2 hearing tests and failed them both (Don't worry Adam mommy was never any good at tests either!
The only test I ever got
%100 was a pregnancy test;) HA
This time was a much more detailed test lasting 3 hours.
Adam was hooked up to all these wires. And was required to be in a deep sleep.
I hate to think that hearing loss can make Adams difficult journey even harder.
Adam has hearing loss in both ears the cause of hearing loss is usually fluid in the ear. The ear canal in children with Down syndrome is often smaller and not shaped in a way that lends itself to proper drainage. So Adam will have small surgeries to place tubes in his ears.
For now we consider him lucky this is one LOUD house!!! ;)
For now we consider him lucky this is one LOUD house!!! ;)

2 comments:
He is so precious. What a special gift to have in your home. Take care of yourself. Love Ya Tracy
I wish I could have some of that hearing loss at times. Save me from the WHINE fest that is a regular occurrence in our house. lol.
Sweet Adam, Tricia you are doing a FAB job already.
Post a Comment