The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Monday, 22 June 2009

{100 more}

1. I have fallen in love with milky taro bubble tea...I dream of it at night.

2. I try to celebrate every day and look for the joy in everything. (some days this is harder than ever)

3. I love having my Family all together.

4. We eat dinner late (6:30) so we can be together.

5. I'm not the best cook.. but my family enjoys it.

6. I follow a strict menu plan. I make the plan for two weeks then shop for it all.

7. I hate Shopping alone ( I always try to find a friend to join me)

8. I'd rather shop with my kids then alone (yep I'm that crazy)

9. I doodle... writing my name, my husbands name and all 4 kids name over and over again.

10. I hate minute rice BLAH

11. I have champagne taste on a beer budget

12. my new stroller cost more than our first car

13. I like to budget... I actually find it fun!

14. I'm a list writer everyday

15. my short term memory sucks

16. my long term memory rocks

17. I believe birth is natural and can be done safely at home

18. I firmly believe in the benefits of breast milk

19. I am confident, and I enjoy meeting new people

20. I think I can be a bit much when people first meet me. It takes a while... but eventually they fall in love;) Even my best friends thought I was "too in your face" at first.

21. I sleep 5 to 6 hours a night. I really need 8. But there is so much to do!

22. after the kids are in bed at 8 I have me time....I often stay up till 2 I love the quiet, and the chance to be on my own

23. My Husband is a gamer...most days I wish it was "game over"

24. I'm willing to sacrifice for my family

25. I try to work hard as a stay at home mom. I treat it as a career, If I slack I could get fired;)

26. I'm a positive thinker who is optimistic and sees the world through rose colored glasses (these past few months have been so emotional and difficult, but I'm feeling the real me return)

27. I worry about leaving my kids with babysitters, mostly cause I worry they will misbehave.

28. I always have laundry to do... I'm famous for letting it pile up For some reason its not that important to me.

29. I wash my mirrors and windows with Windex and newspaper

30. my kids watch too much TV

31. I don't watch TV

32. But I spend too much time on the computer


33. I google something at least 10 times a day(directions, recipes, phone numbers, health stuff old boy friends LOL)

34. We sit down to dinner as a family at our kitchen table

35. only I dish up the food

36. I learned this from my Mother in Law. I remember the first time I went over for Dinner I thought this was weird. At my family the Table was all set and we would pass the food around the table and lift up. Now as a mom and the "chief cook and bottle washer" this is easier. And I'm all about making my job easy.

37. I love traditions and hope my kids pass on the traditions we have.

38. I do my cleaning during the week so our Saturdays are free for family fun.

39. Mondays are weekend recovery days ;) we usually stay home (and my kids watch too much TV)

40. I'm a scrapbooker who hasn't scrapbooked in over a year. This makes me sad.

41. my scrapbook room has become storage

42. Funny cause my 8ft X 5 ft scrapbooking room (with a 5ft 8inch ceiling) was a storage space.

43. Love Blogging

44. But I think blogging has replaced my need to scrapbook.

45. I've had Botox Twice

46. I like my 50 style beehive hair

47. I think I'm pretty darn funny

48. I was kidding about #45

49. See I am funny

50. I wish I could be more like June Clever (or at least a plus size version)

51. I like to surround myself with people who make me want to be better, try harder and reach higher.

52. I envy others, but I'm not competitive.

53. I still really want a house.

54. I wish my Husband wasn't so content. He is Perfectly happy who he is and where he is.

55. I'm thankful my husband is content.

56. I often contradict myself;)

57. I day dream about moving away. A new start, affordable homes and a new ward (church).

58. But I am scared of taking risks and Ive never been a fan of change.

59. I pray for each one of my children (as individuals) every day

60. I believe in Family Prayer and it's importance

61. I am always wondering how people "do it" (I want to learn)

62. My pet peeve is when people say "I'm too busy" or "I wish I had the time"

63. I believe that when things are important to you you make time for it. When something isn't important you don't do it.

64. Never tell me you wished you could have called or visited but you've "been so busy". It just makes me feel unimportant. I've learned that EVERYONE is busy (refer to #62 and #63)

65. With a fourth baby Ive found Ive been pretty slack with my commitments. Instead of saying yes I'll be there for sure...I say yes Id love to come. I'll have to play it by ear. It all depends on Adam and the kids (and if its been a crappy tear day for mama). My Friends have been understanding (thank you)

66. when I go out I prefer to leave after 8. Once the kids are in bed.

67. I need to find a comfortable bra. Its been years since I found one I loved

68. I sleep on 400 thread count Egyptian sheets. We buy a new set every year from Costco and wear and wash them out.

67. I love sleeping with the window open

68. I like the idea of homeschooling. but I know I don't have it in me. see #30

69. I am happiest when I am busy.

70. I like scheduling my time.

71. I always shower at night

72. only its never a shower... I ALWAYS BATH

73. It takes me 10 min to get ready for the day.

74. I do my make up in the Van %95 of the time. I get the kids all locked in in their car seats and take 2 min to put my face on.

75. I almost always wear earrings

76. I started wearing glasses last year. I love my Glasses but HATE that I have to wear them all the time. I think I look nerdy in them. But I can see...so it's a trade off.

77. I have 10 holes in my ears (thank you 1992)

78. I only have 2 holes now. one in each ear.

79. In the past 4 months I have stopped biting my fingernails

80. I hate Dr. Laura's book "The Care and Feeding of Husbands" ....because she's right.

81. I love swimming

82. I do some of my best cleaning while talking on the phone.

83. Jayna and I work on her spelling words while she is in the bath. She uses color soap to write on the walls.

84. I worry for my kids...all for different reasons

85. I wish I could make things easy for them

86. I love projects. I am good at starting and finishing something thing.... It gives me a rush to complete a project.

87. I also get a rush from emptying a bottle of mustard or shampoo....makes more room.

88. I love Dollar stores and can turn anything into a super cute gift with ribbon and cellophane

89. I miss friends style sitcoms. if they had them I'd watch TV.

90. For 9 years I've spelt my Husbands name wrong. (to be fair so did he). We had to call his mom...and even she had to check! His middle name is FredErick not Fredrick...all those years of doodling. (even our Wedding invite was spelt wrong!)

91. both our boys are named after our mothers maiden names. Jacob and Adam

92. both boys middle names are the names of their great Grandfathers AND the President of our Church (at the time they were born) . Gordon and Thomas

93. My LDS mission in California feels like a dream

94. I love asparagus

95. asparagus makes my Pee smell funny (TMI;)

96. Making lists like this comes easy to me

97. I wish I could type properly and spell with out spell check.

98. Eternity for men makes me swoon

99. I believe that when you put forth the effort everything turns out well.

100. I believe in tomorrows, new starts and HOPE

6 comments:

Emily said...

I feel like I know you! Thanks!

Jackie said...

I love 100's, and I'm so stealing #83.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Re: #95 - this happens to everyone!
Great list!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the List especially cause I can see reference to ME!! lol

And we have SOOOOO much in common.

Love you my Twinner.

Amy Horlings said...

I never knew you had botox....you are braver than me!

Amy Horlings said...

ok nevermind....thats what i get for slackin off when i should be working....I was distracted!