The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Friday, 24 April 2009

{Bustin out of the NICU!!!}

We have been at the Hospital for 21 days
Ive spent 3 weeks there
266 hours
(and we were just short timers there!)
Every day (after my 4 day hospital stay) was spent at Adams bedside at the NICU.
Thankfully we were close to the Hospital and Justin had exactly 3 weeks off from work.
So each day after getting the kids ready for school, and dropping Jayna off at school I would go to our baby Adam. From 9 to 4. After I would get picked up, I'd come home. And we would be together, do home work, dinner, bath times and the bedtime routine. and then at 9:00 at night a friend, Auntie or Uncle would come over to sit with our sleeping kids so both Justin and I could feed and hold our baby.
When I think Of the NICU I think of hand washing....crazy amounts of it!!!!
every time you walked in the NICU you have to scrub up for two minuets clear up to your elbow.
I've washed my hands for a minimum of 2 and a half hours (and that's not including the regular hand washing through out the day!!!!)

We've spent $150 on parking...
and Justin has packed me a lunch (with a turkey sandwich) for 15 days!!!
and now we are outta here!
Adam is a happy healthy good eating and gaining baby!!! (with an extra chromosome;)

Daddy is thrilled to have us both home....and truth is I think hes excited to go back to work.... he needs a brake! HA






2 comments:

Erekson's said...

What a beautiful little guy! What a surprize I bet eh! There is not a better family for this perfect little boy to come to than yours. he is very lucky and very blessed to have you as his mommy, you be amazing! Congrats

jackie said...

So glad he is thriving and you were able to get him home so much earlier than expected. I'm sure your dry chapped hands are happy too.