The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Wednesday, 13 August 2008

{FANPIRE}

You should all know this...
I'm a nerd!
And I even read books now!
My side kick and I headed to Seattle with no husbands and NO KIDS!
For the Stephenie Meyer Book signing and concert series.

We drove down in my dads tiny little commuter car, so our families had the mini vans and so we didn't have to worry about the monster gas bill!
I should also tell you this car is a standard.
yep it has a stick
its been 10 years since I have driven a stick
and Seattle is 3 1/2 hours away (not to mention a 1 hour wait at the border)
And it has no A/C
the drive was hot and sticky,
BUT
I DID IT!
I rocked that little black car!
and we made it safe and sound,
We didn't get lost, no stalling, Just a lot of fun laughter and even a few heart to hearts. Didn't I tell you I was a nerd? We even made these "cool" T shirts for the occasion!

The Best book ever...Twighlight......the first of the saga!
While I was giving this cheesy grin and holding up the book a camera crew was all of a sudden filming me (I get that all the time hahhaha)
Who knows maybe I'm famous now (known as the crazy nerd who loves teen books!)

The concert with Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October and Stephenie Meyer and 2000 Fanpires!
and here it is.... my signed copy of Braking Dawn!
After a 12 hour whirlwind we were home again with our husbands and babies, just in time for "Breaking Dawn"!

8 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Um....no stalling? Ah ha.....TOO MUCH FUN. Man I look gross in those pictures....it was way hot. Thanks for a good time you big nerd!!

April said...

That looks awesome! I am such a HUGE fan of the Twilight series. they are the best books ever! My hubby tried to teach me to drive a stick before and it was...well interesting.LOL.

I emailed you back the other day after I got your email but I am not sure if it went through or not and I haven't heard back from you.Let me know if you got it or not. :)

Christy Jones said...

Awsome!! you go girl!! I see two very HOT nerds(no pun intended). Wish I could have been there.

Suze said...

For once in my life....I'm actually EMBARASSED of one of my friends. You actually went! Oh Tricia, what am I going to do with you?! And you got filmed. Oh my! LOL

I'm a Twilight Saga fan....HUGE fan...but I wouldn't be caught dead at a "Fanpire" concert or book signing.

But all the power to ya....you go girl! Just do me a favor...if we go shopping together, don't ever wear that shirt! Major fashion fox pass (faux pas) LOL!

But I must say....you did look pretty hot...as always! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I'm going to have to check out that book series.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I'm going to have to check out that book series.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Ha ha...well, you can wear your t-shirt out with me and we can both look like nerds again! :-)

I passed a blog award in your direction. I don't know if you're in to blog awards but I just love your blog!!

It's fun to read about all of your crazy adventures.

Alonso Family said...

i absolutely love it! if we lived close enough to each other, i would have been right there with you my fellow nerd! wasn't breaking dawn wonderful!!! i was so sad to think it was over when i finished reading it, that i have gone back again to reread everything again from the start. and i sooo look forward to the day when my girls are old enough to read and bond with me over them. good times!