The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Saturday, 7 June 2008

{right where I need to be}

last Friday was Jaynas parent appreciation tea and end of the year concert. It was also her Auntie Jenny's Graduation at SFU. At first It was no question...we were going to Jennys convocation. Then after talking to a friend (thank you!) I realized how important this little tea and concert was to Jayna. And although it wasn't quite the same milestone as a Degree in Education.. it was in Jaynas little 5 year old world! I realized this is where I needed to be. As Jayna's mother she had to take priority. She needs to know that she comes first. watching them perform the song "Rover" singing and Jayna playing the glockenspiel, I was overcome with emotion. I cant believe I almost missed this!
He was so happy to be there, and thrilled to have her Mommy there to watch.


and as they all turned to leave the stage Jayna gives me the thumbs up clearly proud of her self!


It was a real moment for me... and a lesson on whats most important.
Afterwards we hightailed it to the university for the ceremony and made it in time!!!! Just goes to show how when we keep our priorities in order every thing works out!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special little day for Jayna. She was probably very happy to see you there cheering her on.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Yeah Jayna!! Congrats to Jenny too!

April said...

How sweet. I can't wait till my daughter gets to do stuff like that. She is starting school this year. Glad you made it to the ceremony too.:)

Suze said...

Our family motto has been taken from Elder Oaks talk "Good Better Best" and it's exectly what you choose to do! I'm so proud of Jayna and I'm proud of you Tricia for making the BEST decision for that day, cause in the end Heavenly Father blessed you all!

Congratulations 5 year old! We're all proud of you!

Love Auntie Susan!

Suze said...

Oops I spelt "CHOSE" wrong....man I feel stupid!