The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Monday, 15 October 2007

{giving thanks}

I have so much to be thankful for! For our thanks giving weekend we went to the interior of BC. For our annual thanksgiving weekend. I love this place... so BEAUTIFUL and so many good memories! the camping gang
our poor excuse for an RV. the 1973 bouler.... but so cute.
I'm 99% sure this will have been our last trip with our little egg. 13 ft trailer doesn't cut it for a family of 5! I have to admit it will be very sad to give this up. we've had a lot of great trips in the past 6 years... And I fondly remember all the inside renos we did while I was pregnant with our first baby...it was nesting at its best!


Jacob was so cute... nearly the entire weekend he wanted to wear his bike helmet............................
.....................just in case some one offered him a ride!

For as long as I can remember we have always come to Merritt for thanksgiving and enjoyed an awesome turkey dinner with all the fixings.... as a child I remember how magically all the yummy food appeared.
this trip I waited for the turkey fairy to come...to my surprise she was a no show! apparently all those meals were not delivered by fairies but with some good old fashioned hard work! who knew? HA (thanks mom!)

Here Liana and I are doing some prep.
My Brother in Law Jeff joined us on this trip. he was the deep fry master.... And Ive decided how ever unhealthy deep frying is...it makes everything taste good!



the finished product........ a tasty deep fried turkey
our thanks giving dinner
Auntie Kimmy and Aliza




my brother built this dock while camping on the lake for the week... we had to check out his master piece
Liana and Tricia ready for a ride!

Jacob came with mommy on a 2 hour bike ride. It was so much fun! love being on a motor bike. and Jacob was so happy!




jayna and uncle
Daddy (justin) is King of the road!

every year we have a turkey trot and poker run. we go for a walk and at 5 different stops we are given a card in a envelope. At the end of the walk we have a poker hand.


then those with the best hands win! the winners then choose from some of the prizes
And the winner is Christina
now I'm sure from this post you are thinking that my family is a little red neck. yes it is true. we are. but if you think we are bad meet one of our friends....
the high class part is he has a hot tub.....
Proof he's a red neck?
....the hot tub is on the back of his trailer.. heated buy the camp fire with water pumped out from the lake, and shock treated with chlorine.

The kids had a blast!
when the babes were in bed we enjoyed card games and visiting around the fire.

Little Miss A with her Pa pa.
Another great weekend.... I love my red neck life ;)







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! I was thinking of you and your family this year as Jason and i were camping also. No turkey for us though, it's hard to cook a turkey with a coleman stove and a tent...lol. Everyone looks wonderful and happy, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

That is so cool that you dirt bike! Jacob is already hooked hey? It looks like a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love Jacob's coat!!! :-)
Aliza has a cute new hat too. Where did that come from? What a wonderful experience for your children - fond memories they will always cherish!!

April said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Great memories!!Glad you had such a good time. I would love to do something like that but my hubby is a wuss when it comes to the outdoors. LOL.

Unknown said...

That is my kind of weekend, so call it redneck or not. Hi, new to yur blog, but loved what I saw. Will be back.