Our adventure started off Friday morning. Mom S and Auntie Char came over to watch the kids. Its the first time being away from all the kids. I was excited and nervous. The older I get the more I realize how important it is for us (as parents) to have alone time. Mom and Char I am so
Grateful for you! you made this weekend possible.

The
Lowens came back to their old
stomping ground. We took a few photos (shocking I know) and we took the sky train into
Vancouver
We were so excited ! UNTIL we realized there were 3 cruise ships in port! and 8 thousand people in line for customs and to
board the ships. Ya not fun. Actually kinda
madning. BUT, I refuse to let it get me down. I'm a pretty positive person. I try to be. I
surround myself with
positive people and I strive to look for the good in every one and every situation. This was trying to say
the least. But from that moment on I was determined to have a good time. To make my own happiness.



Ya know how people
sneak booze on a
Cruise? Ever wonder what Mormons bring when they really wanna PARTY?? HA.

When we got on the ship we all went to our rooms. We were starved and headed to the 5 course
restaurant with the
Lowens while the "other"Prices choose to eat at the blue lagoon. Afterwards we went to the show... we only stayed for a few minutes, and decided instead to go on deck. We were just in time to see the sun go down and see the ship take off. It was Beautiful. I love Vancouver!




We all had such a great time in the Hot tub. We were in the hot tub on the front of the ship so it was VERY windy. I loved it!


After dinner (again! HA) we went to a club! . We had a great time dancing to some of the coolest 80's and 90's music (see the lady from the red hats society? they were every where on the ship)
After dancing we walked around the ship, and went for a midnight snack at 2am! Yep
nothin like going to bed with a full
stomach of
potato skins and hot wings....blah


The ship was nice. However I much
Preferred our cruise last year with the princess cruise line. This ship
wasn't quite as beautiful. It was older, and to be honest I think our
spirits were dampened by the 5 hour wait in line.
after a 5 hour nap we got up and went for breakfast.
I'm not really a breakfast gal... but it sure tasted good!

We docked at 8:30 or so in Seattle. It was a Beautiful day. I was sad our cruise get away was over. It was simply too short.



When we got off the ship We lost
Susan and
Dan...actually we left them on the ship. so we waited for them for an hour at the
customs. I was all paranoid that we
wouldn't find them. Susan called on my cell and calmed my nerves. and my funny
Husband came up with the idea of holding a sign up...we got a good laugh out of it.

The Rebel
loitering.........yep he thinks hes pretty funny!
.JPG)

For packed in the rest of the day with the "other" Prices we went to the temple. Susan and I went shopping at
Layne Bryant (love that Store). we swam in their pool and soaked in the hot tub. we went to Target (i really love that store..cant wait till they have one in Canada). We (as always) had a
wonderful time visiting. We went to bed late, and woke at
the crack of dawn to catch the train.

There was
something pretty magical about
boarding the train...and being in the train
station. I
couldn't help but think of all
the history...all those who road the train...who were they? what they were doing? where were they going? what were they feeling? I loved the beautiful lobby. they are continuing to restore the train station to its original beauty....I cant even
believe they covered this up.... look at that terrible drop
ceiling. such a shame all that beauty was hidden for so long.


We really liked taking the train. I slept
most of the way. But Justin enjoyed the
scenery. The west coast is certainly a beautiful place to live.

We hag a
lovely weekend away. But we were so happy to come home to our babies. (I think Grandma and auntie Char were happy to see us too!!!)
3 comments:
Great pictures, the scenery was beautiful! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Looks like fun!!
We are TOTALLY going to do this!!
Post a Comment