The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Saturday, 24 July 2010

{Victoria}

Victoria is Beautiful. We were happy to spend a couple days there as full fledged tourists.
The hotel suite was perfect for 2 adults and 5 kids.


The highlights were the day at the Royal British Columbia Museum

where we watched the IMAX movie

and marveled at the amazing exhibits.

We walked around down town, I was wishing Andrea and I had a Nanny so we could go for high tea at the Empress Hotel...instead we tried to walk around the empress hotel with 5 kids in tow (while trying to look like we belonged) HA

The view from our hotel... We enjoyed very peaceful evenings on the balcony with the little ones tucked in asleep.

Next Day we took the kids to the Wax museum. I remember LOVING this museum as a kid. Sadly, after nearly 40 years this is the last season. The museum will be replaced with a casino.UGH so sad.

I thought this replica was pretty BANG ON!


Yes my son is trying to look under Marilyn Monroe's dress....aha

Next we went to the Parliament building.
I was so surprised at how beautiful the building is.

and I was amazed at all the beautiful details...like these door knobs.


and the tile work.

not to mention the art work... Just breath taking!!!!
I love the beauty, and character of older buildings. In this hustle and bustle of modern life we have lost somthing, like the importance of details, effort and elegance and refinement.
Because our Country is so young I always felt like there wasn't much history... This trip I learned I was so wrong.
B.C is rich in history beauty and tradition!

No comments: