The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Thursday, 15 April 2010

{walkin on broken glass}

See this face? Sad huh? You should have seen the mama's face... it looked guilty.

For some strange reason I thought a glass jar would be a good solution for the 50 billion tooth brushes in our bathroom. And sure enough in only a few days the Jar was broken.

I thought I had all the pieces of glass cleaned out.
I was wrong


We knew the glass was still inside so we had to X ray it to make sure it didn't hit any main arteries and require surgery....



and there it is a tiny piece of glass ( thank goodness)

all it took was a little freezing.....

and a very cautious doctor
and there it is, next to a dime.

Jayna was a real trooper. Her foot was numb for a few hours..and she wanted to be real close to her mom. All in all she was a Super star!
While tucking her into bed she whispered "I really had a lot of fun with you today mom"
Man this kid needs more one on one time;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read the post, my poor Jayna. I am sooo glad that the glass did not touch anything and cause enough damage for surgery. Give her a kiss for Grandma. I'll watch the other three and you can give her some one on one time that doesn't include a hospital emergency room! Love Mom

Stacey said...

Poor thing. She is a trooper. Glad despite being a hard thing, it was a good memory for her.

SAH in Suburbia said...

What a kid!!! Good on you for making it a 'fun' time for her. Much less scary that way. Jayna has always been such a tough little gal.

Jackie said...

ouch! Glad she is alright. Why is it you can never get all the glass even if you sweep, vacuum and use a damp cloth. And do toothbrushes breed at night or something? We currently have six in our washroom and only two people with teeth living in the house.