Today was the FIRST day of the Olympics. So we went on the Sky train to Downtown to be part of the excitement!



We saw the Flame

But were disappointed by the chain link fence around the cauldron

We rode the street car to Granville island

and shopped at the market

and who could pass up these strawberries???
not me!

We had a nice day even it it was raining (more of a mist). We hope to go next weekend and find some cool stuff for the kids to do.
It's fun just being in the thick of it!
Welcome to Vancouver world! We're glad your here!
5 comments:
Isn't it great to have the Olympics at home?! I thoroughly enjoyed having them here in SLC, Utah several years ago! Enjoy the experience!
I so wish I was there right now. I watch it on t.v. and it makes me a little homesick.
I love watching the olympics and seeing a part of Cananda. I've thought about you often and wondered if you had been able to attend any of the olympics!! Nothing like having it at home! :)
We've been watching on TV and I SOOOO wish I was there right now. I am homesick!
Okay, VERY jealous over here. What a great thing for you guys to be so close and a great experience for you and the kids :)
Post a Comment