
Adam and I were invited to Utah to see Allyson my dear Friend from Pleasant Grove.
This was Adams first flight...and he was a dream!

He was calm adorable and fell asleep for half the flight! I was very proud of him!

This is Sister West. Yes she has a name. It's Allyson. But as hard as I tried I couldn't call her anything but Sister West.

Sister West was my last Companion. We served together for 6 short weeks. I was her trainer... and in the end she trained me! I learned so much from her... her honesty her ability to share a pure and perfect testimony, and her desire to constantly better herself help others to reach their full potential. Above all together we laughed...Loved and became forever friends.
While together we taught Kim Vanover, Stella Blaizer and also Joey Wright who all entered the waters of baptism. And Taught a few others that eventually made the commitment to be baptized.

Here we are in 2000
And 6 children later in 2009

We enjoyed a beautiful visit to the Salt Lake City temple and Adam had a nice morning with Sister Wests sweet family, so that we could do a session together.




This is my Mission President President Nelson and his beautiful Family. Being called to be a mission president with small children still at home is virtually unheard of!
But President Nelson was remarkable. He and his wife were the perfect example of quiet dignity (something that wasn't easy for me) They taught me patience, commitment, faith and trust. President Nelson taught me to ALWAYS put your family first and trust in God.

Sister West called President Nelson and told him of my up coming visit. President Nelson agreed to meet us for lunch. Seeing him felt like my spirit was given a warm familiar hug. I instantly cried. And I remembered what I was taught 10 years ago in the mission field. TRUST GOD
We visited for over 2 hours. It felt like 10 minutes.

He met my precious baby boy...

and of course fell in love with him.

I am so thankful that President Nelson was so willing to give of his time and meet us today...for me it made a world of difference...
Next we met with another old Friend.
Elder Turner

We met for dinner and a quick shopping trip. And enjoyed getting re acquainted. And I finally got to give him a hug!


Sister West and I had such a blast together. This Photo Pretty much captures my entire trip!
JOY!


My last day was a busy Day. I met up with my very first companion Sister Hendricks.
We served together for 5 months. This woman is AMAZING. She taught me the importance of Obedience and prayer. She helped me learn to love early morning study and treasure the scriptures. And on P day she taught me to crochet... Sister Hendricks taught me to "love like Crazy"

seeing her was wonderful She continues to inspire me and motivate me ...this time to be a better wife and mother

I also saw my Second Companion. Sister McFarlane we served together for one month. I was her last companion before she went home. Sister McFarlane taught me the importance of building relationships of trust with those that we teach. She had an amazing connection with those that she taught the Gospel to.



We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and each others company.
we reminisced about our investigators, old times and the wonderful Sister missionaries Of the California San Bernardino Misson

Thank you to all of you for your kindness Friendship and examples I love you all!!!
After Flying into Seattle I spent the day with Susan and her children... We had a great visit and her Kids were practically perfect...( Ive decided to lay the smack down here at home!;)

Adam was the perfect travel partner... World cant describe how much I love this little man!!!

Adam continually reminds me to Love, serve and Trust God. The 3 main things I learned as a missionary.
This trip made me realize that my entire life I was being prepared to be Adam's Mother.
Thanks for taking this walk down memory lane with me!
6 comments:
I LOVED all the pictures!!! Good memories, thanks for the walk!!
You were a fabulous missionary, I wished I could have served with you! And I am so impressed that you got to see so many. I wish I would have been in PG, I would have loved to give you hugs!!
And I loved seeing Pres. Nelson. What a great man. I learned so much from him and he always had a way of relating to the things I felt as a missionary and as a person!!
Your baby is ADORABLE!! And you look fabulous darling!
xoxoxo
What a walk through memory lane as I loved seeing the old mission pictures! :) Seeing current pictures of Pres. Nelson was great as well! I miss that man. I've lost contact with him so if you have any could you email it my way?!
Wow! That is awesome! My brother just got back from the California San Bernardino Mission! (even though we're from Bakersfield CA!) My husband served in the California Ventura mission! Glad you enjoyed your trip!
So glad you two had such a great trip! Adam sure is a sweetheart.
What a great trip.. you do know zi only live 4 hours from there. I would have come and seen you. Oh well. Next time right?
Oh, I love mission reunions...such good memories. Pres. Nelson looks exactly the same but his kids sure don't. We saw them all last year, it was crazy. BTW, congrats on your sweet baby boy! He is beautiful!
Post a Comment