The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Tuesday, 16 June 2009

{A new Bridge over troubled Water}

Today we went to or "home town" to the opening of Golden Ears Bridge. This Bridge has been long awaited and will make such a difference for commuters....only it will also make a difference in their pocket book...$3.90 one way.


We walked approximately 6 kilometers, they did have buses to take everyone to the bridge but we weren't willing to wait, or ride on a crowded bus. Plus it was such a beautiful day.


During the walk there Aliza got pretty tired
see...
going......

going........
Gone.....

The bridge was busy, but on the way home we heard horror stories about heart attacks, women going into labor and lost children... Luckily our Kids stayed with us (with the exception of one 50 yard dash From Aliza)
The Price Crew
This picture cracked me up.... Yes I am so Proud;)









We had such a fun afternoon.... and we felt like we were really part of our local "history in the making"





















3 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Very fun!!

Jackie said...

3.90, that's crazy!!! And we love the picture of Aliza sleeping on Daddy's shoulders.

Suze said...

That's crazy! I can't believe that bridge was built already. I remember 20 years ago they talked about it and now it's finally built. WG is SO not the town I lived in, anymore.