The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Sunday, 15 February 2009

{Family Birthday Dinners}

Most of our family Dinners are at Nana and Grandpas house. But since every one was on "this side of the bridge" We decided to have the January and February birthday dinner at our house.and it worked...there was enough room!!!!
Dinner for 12! impressed? I am!
I realized that cooking for 12 isn't much different then cooking for 5...just makin' more. Of course I'm a simple cook.... but sometimes simple is good!
we had a nice time, and the kids are always happy to see the family!



And I got to Show off my First CAKE!!!!!!!
I'm taking the Wilton Cake Course at Micheals!
I'm so excited
Ive been pretty cake challenged...so I'm hoping these rounds of classes will help me eventually make those beautiful fondant cakes I've seen!

Wish me Luck!!






5 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

You did a WONDERFUL job on your first cake. You're well on your way to fondant....except fondant tastes gross! :-)

I'm so proud of you!!! Yeah!!!!

SAH in Suburbia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh Tricia, your cake is adorable!! Good job! And marshmallow fondant can be yummy, as long as it is rolled thin and has good icing underneath. I have a super easy recipe when you're ready!!

Can't wait to see more of your cakes!!

Anonymous said...

oh man stop showing me all these cakes. I am hungry now. ;-) Good Job.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea with the X's and O's around it ! And the cake looks even and smooth! Good job!
And yes, MArshmallow fondant is actually yummy! I never buy that Wilton junk!