This weekend we celebrated Pioneer Days where we celebrate the day that the first Mormon pioneers entered into the Salt Lake Valley. We celebrated with a picnic, pionner(ish) clothes and lots of fun games.
Jayna and one of her best little buddies from church.
Aliza and her PA
Enjoying our sloppy joes...ymmm
and seconds after the above photo was taken the timed sprinklers went off!
Jayna and one of her best little buddies from church.what a shock!
we all had a good laugh..and a little shower!
one of the highlights was the pie eating contest! and both my kids tested their skill. Jayna's braids kept getting in the pie...so she got smart!
Jacob was so cute and was licking the pie like crazy!
next was the tug a war!
even MA and PA got in on the excitement!
my dear friend Isabel who also one for best costume!
our Pioneer Family!
(when I was getting ready Justin Laughed and said " hey were going to a Pioneer picnic not a Polygamist picnic! HAHAH .... True I do look like a polygamist...its the hair...and really Ive always liked their puffy hair! *really I do*"
We had such a fun time. And on the way home Jacob said I love being a pioneer boy!
AHHH so Did I! (aside from the fact that pioneer clothes are NOT flattering to us plus size gals!
7 comments:
you all look so cute! we had pioneer day here too but I forgot my camera. Nice to see such happy pioneers
awe good job on the duds. Now go pick some corn. lol
ps did Pioneer women wear lipstick LOL
ha ha Marcy!
This pioneer did! notice I wore no other make up? I gotta get some points for that?
PS. this girl does not leave the house with out outlast lipstick! ha
Hey..Just wanted to let you know that you need to go read my latest post. I was given an award and had to choose some bloggers for it too.:)
Your picnic totally kicked our picnic's butt!! Looks like fun and you are an adorable pioneer family...now all you need to do is sew a few dresses, have a kid in the field while feeding chickens and do it all while singing joyfully...or something like that!!
I love your blog. I enjoyed catching up on all you have been doing. I laughed pretty hard at the shot of Jacob in the shower with the comment he is there while you and the girls get ready. I also thought the sprinklers coming on was pretty funny. It looked like a neat family activity. I think I am pretty lucky to have rubbed shoulders with you.
Post a Comment