The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Friday, 25 April 2008

(48 more things about me)

1. At 30 years old I am starting to take Piano lessons. My long term goal is to be able to play all the Hymns. My short term goal is to play and sing ONE song at the same time.

2. my two favorite items are: my cell phone and my camera

3. I manage and apartment building...my cell phone rings at least 3 times a day for the building.

4. After almost 4 years of having a digital SLR I still have almost no clue how to use it... BUT I LOVE IT, and some how get a few decent pictures

5. I love the smell of clean laundry.

6. I hate folding and putting away laundry... Ive been known to have to dig through the "clean basket" looking for something in particular.

7. but worst of all I hate matching socks. Instead, I put all the socks in a small basket....and wait till we are out of socks then...I match them.... crazy ? YEA but some how it makes me feel like I got out of having to match socks.

8. I learned from a good friend the importance of cooking for your family...she always made sure she cooked one HOT meal a day. Now Ive adopted the idea. so on wed and Thurs morning we have a hot breakfast before Justin goes to work. Wed Justin has Scouts and Thursdays I have Relief society Visits and meetings. So those are left over nights and what ever else daddy can dream up.

9. we eat Dinner late. 6:30. that's what time Justin gets home. My Ideal would be 5:00 but I don't suspect that will ever happen in this life time.

10. the kids go down to sleep at 8. That is when my shift ends.

11. I never go to bed on the same day.

12. every night I have at least 4 hours with out my kids...

13.when the morning hits I've missed the kids.

14. For my "night time me time" I tidy, bath, surf the net, be with my hubby, and other nights I spend with my friends.

15. my hunny is happy to have me go out at night. cause that means he gets to play his video games...with NO GUILT

16. My kids sleep till 8 am ...so do I.

17. every day I tell myself i will get up before them. See #16

18. I'm a jammie mom, my kids wear traditional pajama's to bed.

19. I don't wear P.J's ....when i wake up I toss on lovely lounge wear!

20. Jaynas kindergarten class was Mornings. but half way through the year they switch to afternoons

21. I loved the morning class I felt more productive... like i had more time in the day.

22. I love Disneyland. we went there December 2006 it was the best vacation!

23. I love California.

24. but I've never been to the beach there!

25. I served my mission in SanBernardino.

26. I served in 2 areas. 3 wards. Rancho Cucamonga (Terra Vista ward and Hillside ward) and Crestline.

27. I was in each ward for 6 months

28. I haven't been great at keeping in touch. For the first 5 years I was great

29. my mission set the tone for my entire life.

30. I learned the importance of, faith, family, hard work, repentance, fun and service.

31. My husband served in the Neighbouring mission. Arcadia

32. When we would write and mail letters on Pday (our day off) we would get them the same day!!!!!

33. we have all our letters and cassette tapes we sent. I love listening to them now and again. We both sounded so American! young and fired up!

34. we were never romantic in our letters. In fact we were more like in a competition ....one upping each other with Who could be the best missionary.

35. we both won.

36. I joined the church at 18.

37. I already knew Justin (he was the younger nerdy guy)

38. I fell in love with him when we were missionaries.... It took him a little longer:)

39. we were married July 5th 2001 in the Seattle Temple

40. One day shy of our one year anniversary Jayna was born.

41. while in labor my husband didn't want to pay for parking so he parked a few blocks a way. My mother in law (who was following us) stopped him chewed him out and told him to take me straight to the front door. she then parked our car for us. So he could stay with me. (he really had no idea) plus we were poor students..... and the parking was a lot!

42. We have never moved!

43. for the almost 7 years that we have been married we have always lived in the same building!

44. first in a small 1 bed room

45. now in the managers suite

46. some of my fondest memories are when we lived in this building with our best friends (the Buchanan's) and the lowens (the then managers and their 5 kids)

47. we lived right above the Buchanan's.

48. for Christmas they gave us slippers;)

5 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Okay, I'm so glad you updated your blog. I was tired of looking at that dorky picture every time I came to stalk you!!

Anonymous said...

Very Cool and I can proudly say I now all 48 of those things about you. tee hee. Those slippers were such a GOOD idea. ha ha Glad we got them for you!! Hmmmm Thinking about it we maybe should have bought some WD40 LOL. Ok I just had to say that. lol.

Love you!!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Alright, I'm just not gonna ask why they would need WD40. I'm not even going to go there!! :-)

Jackie said...

Ha Ha, we so hear you about the parking...on our hospital tour last week we were scheming ways to not have to pay $1.00 for each 1/2 hr of labour and delivery..lol.

Anonymous said...

We will have to work on using our DSLRs together (LOL)!!!