Months Ago Justin and I and our Friends (Suburban Mom and Dragon Slayer)
Planned to go on a weekend Cruise from Seattle to Vancouver..... only.... because I'm a bargain hunter I was waiting for the prices to drop... Instead they sold out.
I was Sad:(
With some very last minuet planning we ended up on a cruise anyway....well.....ok.....so it was just a ferry ride from Vancouver to Victoria.
But it was a Beautiful day!
Then we went to the Titanic Exhibit. I was very excited. You see I love the titanic. (and I'm the first to admit that the movie Titanic started my obsession) I think of those people and their stories I'm desperate to know what brought them to the Titanic, what happened to those that lived.
When we arrived at the exhibition we were given a "ticket"
on the back was a description of our passenger, our class and room number. I was 58 and named Charlotte. Turns out that "my" suit was the most expensive. In today's cost the 7 day Cruise would be 60 thousand dollars!
I loved the way the Exhibit was able to show us the artifacts, yet still keep the personal feel of the Titanic that intrigues me so much. At the end of the exhibit we all went to find the list of survivors. I survived as did many of the other First Class.There were several fun facts that I liked
- the Third class was not as bad as they made out in the movies. It was the Nicest of all Cruise lines.
- one wealthy couple traveled 3rd class so that no one would suspect their suit cases were filled with Diamonds!
- for 700 3rd class passengers they had 1 bath tub! apparently ALL people of that time bathed very infrequently. instead they doused themselves with Perfume!
- many things (clothing, paper) survived on the oceans floor because they were stored in leather. It was AMAZING
also they had an iceberg to feel they also explained that the water was colder that night...I cant imagine...even to touch it took my breath away!
This is what my Cabin would have looked like!............................and we thought the old lady thew it into the ocean!
Yes I requested to try on one to the employees life Vest (I'm such a nerd) and got a picture with the second Captain! I think i embarrassed my husband and my Friends....but I'm crazy like that ...anything for a good picture!

the beautiful sunset.
..Like a kid in a candy store...oh wait.... its like a 30 year old in a candy shop.
getting treats for her little ones.
The Parliament

Swimming at the hotel



our room wasn't fancy. But was just fine....only we discovered why we got the "managers special" we were in the dog wing! and a yappy dog woke us up at 7:00am grrrrrrrrrrrr.

From our balcony
We ended up going fro high tea at the empress hotel.....Ive always wanted to go!
we took a horse and buggy!

The empress hotel was beautiful and very first class feeling!
The food was delish! and the fruit tea was the best Ive ever tasted!

next we took the harbor tour boat back to our hotel....

Our Hotel

Its Always so nice to get away. time to spend with my hubby and great friends. and NO KIDS! but man did i miss them... them after an hour of so i was ready for them to go to bed;) HA
getting treats for her little ones.
Swimming at the hotel
From our balcony
The food was delish! and the fruit tea was the best Ive ever tasted!
Its Always so nice to get away. time to spend with my hubby and great friends. and NO KIDS! but man did i miss them... them after an hour of so i was ready for them to go to bed;) HA
Thank you Kim and Jared for making our weekend happen! We owe you big time! cant wait to look after your babies!
6 comments:
What great pics!!!! So much fun. Thanks, thanks, thanks! Now, when you come over tomorrow, bring your camera so I can get them onto my computer too! :-) Now, I MUST do high tea at the Empress! Looks so fabulous!! Your camera takes much better pics than mine...I think I have to have it.....
It looks like a fabulous weekend. Tracy
You guys sure hit all the sweet spots in Victoria! It makes me miss it! Growing up we always went "downtown" but I never did the horse and carriage thing...I would have loved to! Looks like you had a great weekend! You are so good at planning fun trips!
That's looks like SO much fun. I would have loved the Titanic exhibit. Glad you had such a blast:)
Looks like a super fun weekend! You took some beautiful photos, Tricia! :)
that looks like SO much fun!! I think I'll try and convince my hubby to do a quick jaunt over to the island one of these days (sans kids of course!) ;)
Post a Comment