The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Monday, 28 May 2007

{the Parade}

Today we went to celebrate the Hyack Festival here in New Westminster. Jenna and her two kiddos spent the day with us! love how cute these kids are!






HA look how natural these little boys look! cheese!!!!!!! ok boys I'll put away my camera!
US~ Together Is the best place to be!!!











ok I had to take a picture of this. I Never thought Id be in a parade where someone matching is holding a swastika on a banner. AWKWARD! Justin went on to give me a detailed lesson on the meaning of the symbol...blah blah..still to me all I can think of is THAT HORRIBLE MAN and all those lives lost. wonder if anyone else thinks of?
the kids loved the parade and after wards we went to city hall. EVERY thing was free! (and I'm all over fee stuff!!!!) so we had hot dogs, chips, juice and even Cotton candy!!! the kids were in heaven!

Ive really grown to love our city. I try to be involved in the community sponsored programs, to show my support and appreciation. Ive said it before...I can't believe I'm becoming such a city girl!







2 comments:

Kate said...

The Nazi 'swastika' is also viewed on a 45 degree angle, the Dharmic symbol of the 'svastica' (representing Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism) is a 90 degree symbol, meaning that all points meet at 90 degrees and form the perfect right angle.

The Nazis actually stole it from the Dharmic religions because they (the Nazis) believed that the Aryan race (from which the Germans apparently descended) invaded the Indian area and were considered (by the Nazis) to be the first Aryan invaders (this is all Nazi hypothesis and propaganda, mind you). It's a debated hypothesis amongst historians, however.

I'm sure the hubby filled you in on all of that... I just needed to throw in my historian $0.02 worth.

I try to view the symbol as a peaceful one... I even have a little Buddha statue on a book shelf and he has the swastika on his hand.

Oh, and the next time you hear the derogatory word 'faggot' just remember, it's a bundle of sticks wrapped together with a piece of white cloth used for funeral pyres from the 16th century. Or, to Andrew's Nanny, it's a cigarette. I have no idea how it came into it's present use.

/history nerd off.

Katie.

Anonymous said...

looks like fun, wish we could have made it but YA know how things go.