Today was a very special day. Today I went to the Hospital to get tubes in my ears and my adenoids out. last year I had to go to the hospital for tubes so I wasn't really sacred. Plus I had my Mom and Dad there. Jacob and Aliza stayed with auntie Kimmy. Oh ya ...and see that pretty blue and purple stuff on my eye. Its not make up. Daddy calls it a shine-ner. It's what happens when you grab your brothers neck and he head buts you.


Mommy said I look like "meme" from the Drew Carey show. She must be so pretty!

This lady is Paula. She was very nice. She came into my hospital room to tell me all about my surgery and what was going to happen. She used a special doll to show me now they put in my IV. She even let my give the doll pretend medicine. Paul told me I had three jobs for after my surgery (and I did very good at remembering) 1. I had to drink all my medicine 2. I had to drink lots of water (or juice) 3. no running or wrestling (especially with my brother).
Then I got all ready to go, I got to wear a funny hat and go in a little wheel chair. Mommy came with me, but daddy stayed in the room. Mommy was glad (even though he couldn't come into Operating room) that he was there she said that Daddy helps calm her.

This is Dr Michelle. She told me she was the sleepy Dr. She talked with Mommy and asked her a bunch of questions. Then she listened to my heart. She talked to me about my little ponies and little pet shop toys. (that made me very happy)

This is the operating room. The nurses layed warm blankets on me. I was a little worried. So I was glad my mom was still with me.

I don't really remember much after Dr. Michelle gave me the strawberry gas. As I was going to sleep mommy told me how much she loved me and how we could do some crafts with my princess stickers at home.

When I woke up I was very sore. My throat hurt and my hand hurt too. The IV in my hand was really bugging me and I wanted it out! So I tried to rip it out!!! The nurses wrapped my hand up so I couldn't take the IV out. And they even gave me a sticker for my hand, usually I really like stickers.... but, I kept crying for a long time. Mommy tried to make me happy, she sang me my favorite songs from Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid but nothing seemed to work. So the nurses gave me some more medicine to make the hurt stop. Soon I calmed down and just snuggled into my Mommy.

After we left the recovery room they took my back into my room and a few hours later I was ready to go home.

I was very glad to take out the IV. I really didn't like having it in. But after a while I forgot it was even there.

My Mommy and Daddy were very proud of me. They told me I was a strong brave girl. And while we were gettin all my medicines from the drugstore daddy took me for ice cream... hey and look at my shine-ner its even darker!
.JPG)
When I got home Auntie and Uncle and my brother and baby sister got me flowers. It made me very happy. I sure have a lot of people who love me!
LOVE JAYNA 
5 comments:
Jayna, Your mommy is right their alot of people that love you, including Aunty Marcy,Uncle Sean, CAYDEN, CASSIDY and EVAN.
We hope you feel better soon, you were so brave and we are very proud of you.
WE are very proud of mommy too she did a good job taking care of you.
We love you all.
Tricia - did they think you were crazy taking all of those pictures? :-) I think it'll help Jayna to see it's not such a scary experience. She can remember how brave she was (and you too!) and she'll be reminded of how much you love her. Good on ya!!
Good work Jayna, you are such a strong and brave little girl.
Special mention for Mommy and Daddy for both being there for you and to Auntie Kimmy and Uncle Jared for helping with Jacob and Aliza.
I love the simple ways that children tell their experiences. Made me teary!
Get well soon Jayna!
Jayna your Aunty Tammy is soooo pround of you. You are the bravest girl I know. I hope you feel great soon and know how much I love you. I miss you terribly and hope to visit you soon.
Tell mommy I bawled like a baby when I read your story and no matter how far apart we are you will always be special to me.
I love you both and will call soon!
Tammy xoxox
Post a Comment