The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Thursday, 31 December 2009

{Happy New Year! 2010}

Tonight was such a Fun night.
We had 2 families with 7 kids join us For a New Years Dinner and night.
We turned the playroom into a dining room for 9 kids
To make it special we set the kids table with plastic goblets
noise makers and party hats, and the finest apple cider

Each setting had a bag of 12 grapes. Why you ask? Last year for New Years Justin and I spent a romantic week in Mexico. For the new years party we were all given 12 grapes . At the count down to midnight you eat all the grapes (representing each month) and make 12 wishes for the coming year. I Loved this, and decided that this would be yet another tradition I would adopt.

The adults got much the same... only cooler hats;)

The kids table!



In an effort to keep the kids busy and happy, my brilliant friend Tiffany brought activities to do every hour. We started at 6:oo
First was bubble wrap

Glow sticks

and popcorn and a movie

fruit and Chocolate

and sparklers

and some noise maker fun!
The kids were so good (aside from one of my kids hitting..ugh..)
But they all went to sleep 3 kids in the playroom
3 kids in Our Bedroom
and my kids in their room

the rest of the night the adults talked, laughed, ate and shared stories of where we were 10 years ago.


The sparkling apple cider was flowing freely

and at the stroke of Midnight I got my first kiss of the decade.
I feel so Blessed to have such good friends
a loving hubby
and 4 great kids

This year was a PERFECT New Years!
Our guests left happy and with a gift that they all received a day or two later ...the flu.
(So sorry I thought we were home free!)

Welcome 2010
I plan to make this year my BEST EVER!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost Perfect... Tee hee.
Looks like lots of fun. We missed you guys.

April said...

You always do the neatest stuff. You have great ideas Tricia. Love all the catch up posts. :)

Carrie said...

Nice to meet you!

I love your New Year's Eve party--the idea of having something different for the kids to do every hour? Pure Genius! I love it! I will probably steal that idea for next year. :)

How did you teach Adam to sit?? Miss B has zero interest in learning--she thinks it's a game for me to sit her up on the bed, then when I let go, she throws herself backwards/sidewards/frontwards onto the bed and laughs and laughs! Maybe when the "game" gets old she'll decide to sit on her own!

Kelly said...

Fun!
They do the grapes in Spain, too!! ...probably why they do it in Mexico, eh? I love that tradition : )

SAH in Suburbia said...

This was so stinkin' fun...except for the flu part...

We had a blast. Thanks for hosting! If I recall, that pic of you and Justin kissing was your 4th or 5th of the night as you had to keep trying.....ah ha....

Love you. Loved the party. Let's do it again soon!!!