The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Monday, 7 December 2009

{Bethlehem}

This time of year is full of such fun, love and giving. We want our Children to find joy in the fun love and giving but also have a clear understanding of what the holiday is for and why we celebrate Christmas. So tonight for Family Home Evening our family spent a night in Bethlehem.We have wine (Grape juice of course) unleavened bread, Chicken, home made hummus, olives, chickpeas cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, pomegranate and grapes.
To prepare for the meal we washed our hands
and introduced ourselves. The Inn keeper and his wife. Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus and even an Angel

The dinner was magical.
and every one was willing to try everything...even if they did have to gag down an olive.
Next we read from the bible
Luke 2
and we acted out the nativity
Joseph and Marry came to Bethlehem
Joseph knocked
There was no room in the Inn.
The baby Jesus was born in a stable

and an (adorable) Angel appeared to them and said "Fear not I bring you tidings of great joy"
Aliza was so sweet speaking the words so well and so clearly
And I couldn't think of a better baby to play the role of Jesus ....

Tonight my heart is so full I think it may explode!
I am so in love with my family!

5 comments:

jen1313 said...

You are an amazing mom! What a wonderful idea. Costumes and everything! You're so cute!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Again, you rock! Can't say it enough.
You rock!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. The reason for the season.

Colette said...

I love this!!! Your family is so sweet and perfect! I think I might try this with my family! I might have to play all the roles though! haha

Emily said...

Love it! You are fabulous!