The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Friday, 30 October 2009

{When the Witch Cooks}

Each holiday I try to have a special dinner. The kids especially look forward to our spooky dinner. Things got pretty creepy this year!

We served Mummy spaghetti and witches fingers and demons blood.

Have you ever seen something so disturbing?
boiled wieners (with a few slashes) + boiled onion+ ketchup = 3 really grossed out kids;)

For desert we had fruit salad in these orange Jack o lanterns...


The kids get so excited and they feel so special
Jacob told me I am the "best spooky cook ever!"


we ate by candle light with creepy Halloween music...

Adam napped during dinner but didn't wanna miss out on the party ( or a chance to wear his new dollar store bib)
Have you ever seen a cuter Pumpkin?

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Okay, those fingers are creepy;You continue to amaze me with your dedication and creativity. We are so lame about holidays over here.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Man, Tricia you go all out. You are my hero! My kids would love to come and eat at your house. What fun traditions you have created for your gorgeous children. I'm so impressed.

Jaime Lynne said...

Tricia, I saw your post on Emilie's blog where you mentioned Adam's recent arrival into your family. I was touched. I am the proud sister of Angela Joy, our angel of joy, who has Downs Syndrome. She is a 26-year-old, happy, independent, educated young woman who loves music, volunteering, friends, movies, baking, traveling, serving in the primary, her family... she is my favorite person in the world!

Growing up, I heard many times the same comment about being "blessed" to have a sister with special needs. It used to annoy me for the same reasons you mentioned in your comment to Emilie. Then I realized that they were right... I am incredibly "blessed" to have Ange in my life, not because of her extra chromosome, but because she is who she is.

I don't know what it is like to have a child with Downs Syndrome, I only know what it is like to be raised with and touched by one. It is a joy, a sometimes scary, unexpected, lesson-learning joy.

You have a beautiful family. Good luck to you all on this journey. There is so much ahead for you all and for Adam especially. Angie has missed out on precious little in this life because of her "disability." In fact, I believe she has been given so much more and so has her family!

Kristle said...

You are freaking AWESOME!!!! I love you!