Having our own home on wheels was so nice... only There were a few things I didn't like.
The fact that we were all camping as a family but not really together all that much cause we were in our own motor homes (cooking and trying to keep warm). I know most people feel the need to "have their own space" So this would be a good thing. I've never been this way... I guess that's a good thing since I'm a mother of 4 in a small home... I don't have my own space.
As we were driving to Merritt B.C I couldn't help but marvel at how beautiful Beautiful British Columbia is.
This is the sure fire way to tell "we are almost there". The place where we camp is crown land. And there are ranchers that use the land for there herds of cows... as a kid I was fascinated by this, now my children get to be wowed!
Our kids slept well in the motor home...Adam slept in the carriage part of his stroller (he wont be able to do this much longer because he tosses and rolls over like nobody's business)
This year we made the conscious decision not to bring the children toys from home.

and we discovered that kids fight less when there are no toys and..
necessity is the mother of invention.

Next we Had the annual Poker Run The winner gets their name on the trophy and some Cash!



our judges find the person with the best poker hand.
each person submits a 10$ gift so everyone walks away a winner...
especially GG (great Grandma) who won with a "flush"
It was so cute the kids were so proud of her!
All the kids "won" a bag of treats...and Jayna couldn't wait to put these nails on
I think they lasted for 3 minutes.
This year was the year of babies .... for 7 years Ive been the only one with children now we have 3 little buddies for Adam to grow up with. We feel pretty fortunate.
They were all so cute bundled up in their bear suits.
Adam was a dream...He loved being warm and snuggled especially by the fire.
on the way out of the camping sot we saw these wildish horses...

and shared the last of our apples.
such a great trip... cant wait till next year!
necessity is the mother of invention.
Next we Had the annual Poker Run
We all go on a walk. And stop in 4 places
and are given a card in a sealed envelope at each stop.
at the end we open the cards to see who has the best poker hand.

It was so cute the kids were so proud of her!
They were all so cute bundled up in their bear suits.
7 comments:
Looks like soo much fun.
So fun! Looks like fun times with the family!
What a blast - too much fun!!
Ok..That looks like WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!! How awesome. Love all the pics. The one with the four babies in their warm outfits is so precious. Glad you guys had such a fun time. :):)
I have been anxiously waiting to see what camping in October looks like. It looks like so much fun, and I am so intrigued by the deep fried turkey. You inspire me with your energy and spirit.
That looks so fun. And Adam is adorable. I love reading your blog and watching your kids grow up. Sure wish I could see you all in person.
Looks like so much fun. I was thinking of you guys this year, it was wet and snowy here so I was hoping you had better weather. I love the picture of the kids on their bed and of Adam in his 'crib'...so sweet all four of them.
~jackie (from jason's account)
Post a Comment