The Price is Write


COME ON DOWN! It's the daily ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom. Lotsa pictures, a little crafting and a whole lot of love!!

Friday, 20 February 2009

{Bye Bye Diapers}

Guess What? we've been diaper free for almost 3 weeks now! Aliza has been using the potty since she was 18 months old....but her mother was lame and had no idea how to help her take the next step.


So at 2 years and 4 months she finally said

"Mom I'm a big girl, I don't want diapers I want panties"

So outta pure guilt I said fine...lets do this.


BOOM that was it! not one accident. And we've even replaced the nightly pull up with panties....and for one week shes been DRY!!!!!!

Funny cause I have no idea how this happened.... just goes to show you that when kids are ready they will do it! no need to force...it all happens in time (this from a mom who's child didn't potty train till they were nearly 4!)

Now I get to enjoy the next 10 weeks diaper free!!!!!!!!!
unless of course I sneeze HA *I KILL ME!*


5 comments:

Marin said...

Glad to hear it will happen eventually. I am definitely taking the point of view that Liam will let me know when he's ready. He has a potty and occasionally uses it, but more often than not, he shakes his finger at me and says, "No, Mommy." What are ya gonna do?

Anonymous said...

You are too funny Tricia. I will send some extra long pads your way!!!

SAH in Suburbia said...

You're so funny! Happy to hear Aliza is diaper free. LOTS of time until the baby arrives. Yahoooooo. Although I was a freak child that was potty trained when my sister arrived and then I regressed backwards...uh, did I say that outloud...ha ha!

Stacia Howard said...

YAY!! Big girl!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous! lol I bragged to all about Anika potty training (herself) at 18 months, but boy oh boy! her brother is 4 and not interested in the least!
Congrats to Aliza!!!