Justin and I were married 7 1/2 years ago. We were young, in love, students and oh so poor! (really poor) so we choose to for go a honeymoon.....and ever since then I felt ripped off!
But seems there is never the time, money or babysitters. But For Justin's 30th Birthday I decided to through caution to the wind and book an all inclusive trip to Cancun Mexico! As a Surprise!!! I had planned to give him the gift the night before our flight left but because we needed passports I told him a month before. He was shocked and thrilled!!!! and for an entire month we had so much excitement and anticipation ...I'm glad I had to tell him early!
The night before we left we packed and kissed our babies goodbye (and left them in the very capable hands of their grandparents and even auntie and uncle)
Justin came to me with a glass of sparkling apple juice and a kiss....
then shouted "WE'RE GOING TO MEXICO!!!!!!!!"
But we arrived at our resort, unpacked and checked out the sights... our suite was big and colorful....
and a perfect home for the next week!
The First morning we enjoyed the buffet breakfast (Justin loves breakfast.... me not so much. so to make it more enjoyable.... I had mine with a coke:)
The Resort we stayed at was Big (almost too big) but in order to get from one end of the resort to the other we took these funny altered train/golf carts.... The did the job and got us where we wanted to go in a hurry!
The Beach was Beautiful.... breathtaking. Both Justin and my first time ever seeing tropical water.
I was so happy... and in true Tricia fashion got teary eyed more times then I care to admit too!
One of the Resorts Beaches
We spend the majority of every day relaxing on the beach, enjoying the warmth, the sound of the crashing waves and above all each others company!
For New years we Celebrated with many of the other guests... they had a great show and entertainment fire works, dancing ..... and Mexican traditions like eating 12 grapes at midnight (you make a wish for each month as you eat a grape)
Being away from the kids was nice... but I was surprised at how much I really missed them!!! I wished they were with us....at least for a few hours a day:)
Every night we enjoyed shows...with incredible dancers!
And one of the highlights of the trip was our hour long session swimming with the dolphins
oh YES its true! I'm bringing Sexy back!!!!!! HA this is during the dolphin foot push ...it so cool! you glide thru water at a speed of 20 miles per hour, making you swim as quickly as one of them. seriously I nearly crapped my self!!!!! SO AMAZING!
It was a incredible experience that Justin and I will treasure !!!!!!
This was one of the things I wanted to do and see before I die.... blue water and swimming with the dolphins! Next thing is I need to go to a taping of Oprah!!!
see that cheesy grin? .... yes I was that happy!
Another highlight was our day trip to the Mayan ruins in Tulum...
Justin lives for this kinda stuff!...and I enjoyed the guided tour!
me in all me 21 week pregnant holidaying glory!
Paradise!
Paradise beach (yep that's its name!!!!!!!)

and who says a pregnant chubby lady can't be Hott? hahahaha



I'm pretty sure this is the day Justin burnt his arm pitts! HA but really doesn't he look relaxed?



Yep I think I'm sooooo Funny (and if your wondering I wasn't really topless!)
everything a honeymoon should be!

The day we left was bitter sweet. I was so excited to be with my wee ones again, but sad to leave such a beautiful relaxing place.

Most of all I am so thankful for the chance I had to fall inlove with my husband over and over again. In the busy hussle and bussle of every day life we forget to laugh, and treasure eachother. I knew how much I loved justin (that was a given) but I had forgot how much I really LIKED him!!!!!
The trip was a dream come true!
and who says a pregnant chubby lady can't be Hott? hahahaha
I'm pretty sure this is the day Justin burnt his arm pitts! HA but really doesn't he look relaxed?
Yep I think I'm sooooo Funny (and if your wondering I wasn't really topless!)
Im so glad we had a chance to see it.
it was so romantic!
The day we left was bitter sweet. I was so excited to be with my wee ones again, but sad to leave such a beautiful relaxing place.
Most of all I am so thankful for the chance I had to fall inlove with my husband over and over again. In the busy hussle and bussle of every day life we forget to laugh, and treasure eachother. I knew how much I loved justin (that was a given) but I had forgot how much I really LIKED him!!!!!
5 comments:
Hi Honey! Know how busy you are with your brood but love to see your blog. My grands are great love their pictures. love you too
Hugs and kisses Mom
Glad to see your blog again! Looks like you had a great time. We honeymooned in Cancun too. It is truly beautiful.
That looks like an amazing trip. When I saw the dolphins I was overcome with jealousy.LOL. That is one of the TOP things on my 100 to-do list. I absolutely love dolphins. So glad you guys had such a great time. :)
i can't believe how jeolous i am of you guys....i think that is exactly my dream come true too...but it just hasn't yet, especailly the swimming with the dolphins part. that picture of you flying through the water is soooo awesome. one day...one day!
What a fun fun trip! Matt and I went to Cancun a few years ago as well. We missed the dolphin swim. If we ever go back that looks like a must hit. What a fun trip.
Post a Comment