When I was 8 years old I was obsessed with Cindy
Lauper. I loved her songs, her hair her make up... and I loved dancing and singing along to her on my Cabbage Patch Kid cassette player... I thought I was the coolest. My Mom was well aware of my love for Cindy
Lauper... But I don't think she fully understood how I WANTED to be just like her. My Mom got the shock of her life when she took me to our regular hair dresser to get my regular mushroom hair cut (with the hair curled under all around my head ~do you remember that style?) When she asked me what we were doing I told her "my mom said I could get me hair cut like Cindy
Lauper Short on this side and long on the other". The hair dresser looked over at my Mom for reassurance (who was lost in her 1987 may issue of Cosmo) and my mom responded... "I cant wait to see how it looks" So the hair dresser worked her magic! And sure enough I looked like a 8 year old version of Cindy
Lauper. AND I LOVED IT! and to my mothers horror it was just in time for a family wedding in Saskatchewan.... I'm sure I was the talk of the wedding "Look how the folks on the coast let their little girls wear their hair!" Its really a shame I didn't get to dye it multi colored! that would have made it PERFECT!

at 3:00 in the afternoon I got a call from my Hubby and he got given to him 4 tickets to the Cindy
Lauper true colors tour! and door opened at 4! I could only muster up one friend on such short notice...we sold the other two so we could afford the cost of the bottled water HA really though 4$ for water! UGH


The tour was to help spread equality awareness no matter religion, culture or race or gender and sexual orientation. It was interesting especially for this Mormon girl. But I'm all for people living their lives as they feel they need to ...and I will do the same. Funny cause if you see this picture of Jenna and I you can see that she is a mile away from me!!!!!!!!! she was terrified that some one would think we were a couple! OH please Jenna you know you want me! HA

We loved Rosie's stand up routine

Most of all we enjoyed having a night out... and I had to laugh when I saw these jeans... I loved my acid wash jeans! but unlike this woman my jeans are 20 years too small!

Girls just wanna have fun!!......and we sure did!
6 comments:
COOL!
Remember, I am your life partner. Don't forget that!! Ah ha.......
What fun fun fun! I've missed so much - the George Michael concert....now Cindy Lauper...What a blast!
Ahem...where is the picture of your Cindy Lauper cut?!?!?! There must be one from that family wedding! I was so hyped to see it posted under your story.
Oh yeah, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aliza's pigtails in the recent posts!!!!! She is darling!
Who knew they were in town! Awesome. I had a tape that I played over and over in my yellow Sony sport walkma tape player that automatically advanced to the second side! ;D
I want to see the photo of your hair ala C too!
Awesome photos! Looks like you ladies had fun! Outdoor shows in the summer are the *best*!!
How fun is that!! I would have totally loved that. Cindy lauper Rocks!!!
Post a Comment