I can feel that a change is gonna happen.
Something big.
But I don’t know what it is.
The more I think of it the more I realize that my dream of owning a home here in the GVR or Fraser Valley Suburbia is out of reach. So if a house is that important to us we will have to move, far…even a province away. We have always talked of staying close to family. So that’s the hard part. What’s more important ? Establishing ourselves as a family, with a home and a future? Or staying close to family that have their own jobs and life, and just stay stagnant… not moving forward??????? What do we do?
5 comments:
YOU STAY!!
We felt the same way....now we are in Edmonton and moving ahead, but it is definitly hard being so far from family. But we are soooo happy! But also like you said, you need to look out for you as a family. Good luck!
I moved away from home and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. That was 8 years ago. At the time though I was also very young and very naive. Now that it's been a while I like not living close to family. When I go home it's a big party and non-stop fun but I like coming home to the sanctuary that I created, just Chuck and I.
I've also found that when you open yourself up to a new place, you find amazing people there and those people make it possible to live away from family. I have two of the greatest best friends and they are my family, my sisters and my memory because I have early Alzheimer's.
Moving away from what's comfortable, I have found, is actually a fun, liberating and empowering feeling. What's better than being able to prove to yourself that you can do something you never thought you would?
Change is never easy, and it isn't always what's best, but it is inevidable. Jason and I really miss being so close to family and friends, but we are moving forward with our lives and establishing ourselves as a family of two (for now). I think if offered us both the opportunity to move back to the Island today, we'd take it in a heart beat... but then again we have that option (there are always options) and don't like the alternatives that would come with it (such as leaving my job and our schooling and trying to afford a house in a market that has gone mad while working jobs that we might not enjoy as much as what we are doing now). So we stay (and thrive) where we are. Besides, when you have great family and friends like ours, you never lose that connection - even if you don't talk or see each other as often as you would like. And people always come to visit.
You come to work for Microsoft and move to Redmond WA!
....and that's all I have to say....for now....cause I always have to say SUMthin'
Post a Comment